Encyclopedia of Environmetrics
6 Volume Set
2. Edition October 2012
3510 Pages, Hardcover
This new edition of the essential reference work on the environmental sciences is expanded to six volumes to reflect developments in environmetrics techniques and applications over the past decade. With thorough, in-depth coverage of the full range of topics comprising this multidisciplinary field and new emphasis on practical content, this edition features a new section on environmental engineering and technology, more on key application areas such as climate science and hydrological processes, as well as updated methodology, including spatial-temporal statistics, computational statistics, and modeling extremes.
Price: 1.750,00 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
This is an expanded and revised edition of an essential reference work for university libraries, research laboratories, government institutions and consultancies concerned with the environmental sciences. The Encyclopedia offers comprehensive coverage of the wide range of topics, techniques and applications that comprise this multidisciplinary field.
Key features of the new edition:
* Expanded to six volumes to reflect developments in Environmetrics techniques and applications during past decade
* Over 60% of articles in this edition are new or revised
* A new section: Environmental Engineering and Technology
* Increased breadth and depth of coverage in key application areas such as climate science and hydrological processes
* Revised and updated treatment of methodology including spatial-temporal statistics, computational statistics and modeling extremes
* Greater emphasis on practitioner oriented content.
Publishing in both print and online the Encyclopedia will be an invaluable aid to researchers, lecturers, students, consultants and policymakers engaged in ecological statistics, climate change, geostatistics, natural resources, risk assessment, environmental health, physical processes, chemometrics, stochastic modelling, forestry, acid rain, and pollution.
Walter W. Piegorsch, BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA is the current Editor-in-Chief of the journal Environmetrics and a previous Chairman of the American Statistical Association Section on Statistics and the Environment. Piegorsch is also an elected member of the International Statistical Institute and a Fellow of the American Statistical Association (ASA). He previously served as Joint-Editor of the Journal of the American Statistical Association (Theory & Methods Section) and on the Board of Scientific Counselors for the U.S. National Toxicology Program.