Research Design and Analysis
A Primer for the Non-Statistician
1. Edition July 2019
272 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
A concise, straightforward overview of research design and analysis, helping readers form a general basis for designing and conducting research
The practice of designing and analyzing research continues to evolve with advances in technology that enable greater technical analysis of data--strengthening the ability of researchers to study the interventions and relationships of factors and assisting consumers of research to understand and evaluate research reports. Research Design and Analysis is an accessible, wide-ranging overview of how to design, conduct, analyze, interpret, and present research. This book helps those in the sciences conduct their own research without requiring expertise in statistics and related fields and enables informed reading of published research.
Requiring no background in statistics, this book reviews the purpose, ethics, and rules of research, explains the fundamentals of research design and validity, and describes how to select and employ appropriate statistical techniques and reporting methods. Readers gain knowledge central to various research scenarios, from sifting through reports of meta-analyses and preparing a research paper for submission to a peer-reviewed journal to discussing, evaluating, and communicating research results. This book:
* Provides end-to-end guidance on the entire research design and analysis process
* Teaches readers how to both conduct their own research and evaluate the research of others
* Offers a clear, concise introduction to fundamental topics ideal for both reference and general education functions
* Presents information derived from the author's experience teaching the subject in real-world classroom settings
* Includes a full array of learning tools including tables, examples, additional resource suggestions, complete references, and appendices that cover statistical analysis software and data sets
Research Design and Analysis: A Primer for the Non-Statistician is a valuable source of information for students and trainees in medical and allied health professions, journalism, education, and those interested in reading and comprehending research literature.