|Collinson, Simon / Morgan, Glenn (eds.)|
The Multinational Firm
Images of Business Strategy
1. Edition February 2009
2009. 288 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-4700-2 - John Wiley & Sons
An informed and engaging text, The Multinational Firm addresses beliefs and misconceptions about the nature and role of multinational enterprises (MNEs) in a global marketplace. This book outlines widely held beliefs and misconceptions about MNEs with a range of perspectives by leading academics and core themes illustrated through descriptions of current business practices. This book is ideal for advanced students of business and strategy, especially MBA students, who seek a comprehensive introduction to the political, economic, and social impact of MNEs on the rest of the world.
From the contents
Notes on Contributors.
1. Images of the Multinational Firm (Simon Collinson and Glenn Morgan).
2. The Regional Dimension of Multinationals and the End of 'Varieties.
of Capitalism' (Alan Rugman and Alain Verbeke).
3. The Innovative Multinational Firm: The Dispersion of Creativity,.
and its Implications for the Firm and for World Development (John Cantwell and Yanli Zhang).
4. The Multinational Firm as the Major Global Promoter of Economic.
Development (Simon Collinson).
5. The Multinational Firm as a Creator, Fashioner and Respondent to.
Institutional Change (John H. Dunning and Sarianna M. Lundan).
6. The Multinational Firm as an Evolutionary System (D. EleanorWestney).
7. The Multinational Firm as a Distinct Organizational Form (Richard Whitley).
8. Multinational Firms as Societies (Glenn Morgan and Peer Hull Kristensen).
9. The Multinational Firm as a Contested Terrain (Paul Edwards and Jacques B'elanger).
10. The Multinational Firm as a Locus of Learning along Networks (Ray Loveridge).
11. The Multinational Firm as an Instrument of Exploitation and Domination (Raza Mir and Diana Rosemary Sharpe).