|Baart, J. A. / Brand, H. S.|
Local Anaesthesia in Dentistry
1. Edition October 2008
2008. 192 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-8436-6 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Local Anaesthesia in Dentistry is a practical guide for both students and general practitioners to this essential area of clinical practice. Highly illustrated in full color throughout, the book provides clear and practical guidance to the administration of local anaesthesia. Chapters cover such key areas of practice as nerve conduction and pain, anatomy of the trigeminal nerve, regional anaesthesia, local anaesthesia in children, pharmacology, local and systemic complications, general practical aspects, the prevention of side effects, and legal aspects.
From the contents
1. Nerve conduction and pain.
2. Anatomy of the trigeminal nerve.
3. Pharmacology of local anaesthetics.
4. General practical aspects.
5. Regional anaesthesia in the upper jaw.
6. Regional anaesthesia in the lower jaw.
7. Supplemental techniques of regional anaesthesia.
8. Local anaesthesia in children.
9. Local complications.
10 Systemic complications.
11 Patients at risk.
12 Legal aspects