E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description Unique in its approach and coverage, Weight Control and Slimming Ingredients in Food Technology identifies those ingredients that promote weight loss based on credible science review. Numerous ingredients are presented and analyzed according to the varying levels of supporting scientific evidence available, ranging from the well researched ingredients like green tea polyphenols and CLA to ingredients with only limited available data such as capsaicin. Coverage includes analysis of slimming ingredients for new product development efforts, detailed information on global suppliers, and guidance for food labeling purposes.
From the contents 1. Introduction.
Part 1: Obesity Statistics and Biology.
2. Prevalence of obesity and overweight: Global perspective.
3. Effects of weight loss on leptin, sex hormones, and measures of adiposity.
4. A satiety index of common foods.
Part 2: Ingredients.
5. Conjugated linoleic acid.
6. Diglycerides. Medium-chain triglycerides.
8. Epigallocatechin gallate and green tea extract.
9. Hoodia gordonii.
10. Hydroxy citric acid (Garcinia Cambogia).
12. Hydroxy-methylbutyrate (a metabolite of leucine) and hydroxytryptamine.