|Lal, Sunil (ed.)|
Biology of Emerging Viruses
SARS, Avian and Human Influenza, Metapneumovirus, Nipah, West Nile, and Ross River Virus
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
1. Edition May 2007
2007. 252 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-57331-690-3 - John Wiley & Sons
This volume reports on a meeting, co-sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology and the Vietnam Association for Microbiology, which provided a common platform for Vietnamese scientists and ASM international members to discuss emerging viral infectious diseases with special emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region.
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member
From the contents
1. Biology of Influenza A Virus: Timothy K. W. Cheung and Leo L. M. Poon.
2. The Molecular Biology of SARS Coronavirus: Namita Satija and Sunil K. Lal.
3. Molecular Characteristics of the Nipah Virus Glycoproteins: Sandra Diederich and Andrea Maisner.
4. Envelope-Receptor Interactions in Nipah Virus Pathobiology: Benhur Lee.
5. Avian and Human Metapneumovirus: Shobha Broor and Preeti Bharaj.
6. Signal Transduction in SARS-CoV-Infected Cells: T. Mizutani.
7. The Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Arthritis Due to Alphavirus Infections: Lesson Learned from Ross River Virus: Nestor E. Rulli, Julian Melton, Anja Wilmes, Gary Ewart, and Suresh Mahalingam.
8. Rapid Identification of Emerging Infectious Agents Using PCR and Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry: Rangarajan Sampath, Thomas A. Hall, Christian Massire, Feng Li, Lawrence B. Blyn Mark W. Eshoo, Steven A. Hofstadler, and David J. Ecker.
9. Bioproduction of Therapeutic Proteins in the 21st Century and the Role of Plants and Plant Cells as Production Platforms: Robert Boehm.
10. West Nile Virus: Strategies for Predicting Municipal-Level Infection: Nikolaos W. Yiannakoulias And Lawrence W. Svenson.
Index of Contributors