|Lal, Sunil (ed.)|
Biology of Emerging Viruses
SARS, Avian and Human Influenza, Metapneumovirus, Nipah, West Nile, and Ross River Virus, Volume 1102
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
1. Edition May 2007
2007. 252 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-57331-690-3 - John Wiley & Sons
This volume reports on a meeting, co-sponsored by the AmericanSociety for Microbiology and the Vietnam Association forMicrobiology, which provided a common platform for Vietnamesescientists and ASM international members to discuss emerging viralinfectious diseases with special emphasis on the Asia-Pacificregion.
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individualbooks or as a journal. For information on institutional journalsubscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy ofSciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the NewYork Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annalsonline and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspxfor more information about becoming a member
From the contents
1. Biology of Influenza A Virus: Timothy K. W. Cheung and Leo L.M. Poon.
2. The Molecular Biology of SARS Coronavirus: Namita Satija andSunil K. Lal.
3. Molecular Characteristics of the Nipah Virus Glycoproteins:Sandra Diederich and Andrea Maisner.
4. Envelope-Receptor Interactions in Nipah VirusPathobiology: Benhur Lee.
5. Avian and Human Metapneumovirus: Shobha Broor and PreetiBharaj.
6. Signal Transduction in SARS-CoV-Infected Cells: T.Mizutani.
7. The Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Arthritis Due toAlphavirus Infections: Lesson Learned from Ross River Virus: NestorE. Rulli, Julian Melton, Anja Wilmes, Gary Ewart, and SureshMahalingam.
8. Rapid Identification of Emerging Infectious Agents Using PCRand Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry: Rangarajan Sampath,Thomas A. Hall, Christian Massire, Feng Li, Lawrence B. Blyn MarkW. Eshoo, Steven A. Hofstadler, and David J. Ecker.
9. Bioproduction of Therapeutic Proteins in the 21st Century andthe Role of Plants and Plant Cells as Production Platforms: RobertBoehm.
10. West Nile Virus: Strategies for Predicting Municipal-LevelInfection: Nikolaos W. Yiannakoulias And Lawrence W. Svenson.
Index of Contributors