|Thomson, Kate / Tey, Dean / Marks, Michael (eds.)|
8. Edition February 2009
2009. 656 Pages, Softcover
- Handbook/Reference Book -
ISBN 978-1-4051-7400-8 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
The must have management guide for all paediatric clinicians and students
With today's busy clinician requiring an reliable, 'one-stop-shop' to questions on important paediatric conditions, who better to present the latest edition of a popular paediatric handbook than the team at The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, long-regarded as the leading clinical and training centre for Paediatric Medicine in Australia?
Some of the exciting new features of the 8th edition include:
* New chapters on sleep, continence, slow weight gain (failure to thrive) and obesity
* Extensively revised chapters on renal conditions, pain management and immigrant health
* New topics on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (pumps), cystic fibrosis, stroke and management of illicit drug poisoning
* Links to useful internet websites are now included, indicated by a www symbol in the text margins
* A new supplementary website at www.rchhandbook.org
* Resuscitation guide and Australian Immunisation schedule on inside covers
Besides being a clinical management guide to paediatrics, this is also an excellent supplemental handbook for students, junior medical staff and any medical practitioners needing a tool to enable fast decisions at point of care.
Review of the previous edition
" This is an excellent handbook, which is most comprehensive and easy to use. It is highly recommended for all resident and registrar staff in paediatric hospitals and paediatric units. "
- Journal of Paediatric Child Health
Titles Of Related Interest
Evidence-Based Paediatric and Adolescent Diabetes, Jeremy Allgrove, Peter GF Swift, Stephen Greene, ISBN 9781405152921
Handbook of Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology, Charles Brook, Rosalind Brown, ISBN 9781405161091
Evidence-based Pediatric Infectious Diseases, David Isaacs, ISBN 9781405148580
Jones' Clinical Paediatric Surgery, 6th Edition, John M Hutson, Michael O'Brien, Alan Woodward and Spencer Beasley, ISBN 9781405162678
From the contents
1. Medical emergencies.
2. Poisoning and envenomation.
4. Pain management in children.
5. Fluid and electrolyte therapy.
6. Nutrition and FTT.
9. Immigrant child health.
10. Behavioural and developmental problems.
11. Sleep problems.
12. Constipation and continence.
13. Developmental delay and disability.
14. Adolescent health.
15. Child psychiatry.
16. Child abuse.
17. The death of a child and sudden infant death syndrome.
18. Allergy and immunolgy.
19. Burns Cardiovascular conditions.
20. Dental conditions.
21. Dermatologic conditions.
22. Ear, nose and throat conditions.
23. Diabetes and other endocrine conditions.
24. Eye conditions.
25. Gastrointestinal conditions.
26. Gynaecologic conditions.
27. Haematologic conditions and oncology.
28. Infectious diseases.
29. Metabolic conditions.
30. Neurologic conditions.
31. Orthopaedic conditions.
32. Renal conditions and enuresis.
33. Respiratory conditions.
34. Rheumatologic conditions.
35. Common surgical conditions.
36. Prescribing for children.
Growth charts and pubertal staging.