|Sponenberg, D. Phillip|
Equine Color Genetics
3. Edition February 2009
2009. 296 Pages, Hardcover
- Handbook/Reference Book -
ISBN 978-0-8138-1364-6 - John Wiley & Sons
Equine Color Genetics, Third Edition presents the most recent advances in color genetics for breeders of horses, donkeys, and mules. The text provides valuable information to the scientific and lay communities without ignoring the intricate and complex issues involved in horse and donkey color genetics. This new edition presents more explicit and detailed explanations than were previously possible, including more extensive sections on Appaloosas and donkeys.
From the contents
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. Basic Dark Colors: Bay, Chestnut, Black, and Brown.
Chapter 3. Colors Built from the Basic Colors.
Chapter 4. Patterns of White.
Chapter 5. Horse Color and Horse Breeding.
Chapter 6. Peculiarities of Hair Growth.
Chapter 7. Donkey Color.
Chapter 8. Color Photographs.
1. Horse Color Names by Category.
2. Loci, Alleles, and Allele Effects.
3. Genotypes of Major Colors.
4. Alleles Present in Representative Breeds in the USA.
5. Expected Results of Crossing Various Colors.
6. Data in Support of Unpublished Studies