Large Animal Neurology
2. Edition December 2008
2008. 464 Pages, Hardcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-1-4051-5493-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Long-awaited new edition of the classic text on large animal neurology written by the world expert in the subject. This book reflects the considerable advances made in recent years with respect to the understanding of the aetiology, pathology, and pathogenesis of certain diseases, diagnostic modalities, and available therapeutic options. New and emerging neurological diseases are also covered. Richly illustrated in full color throughout, with video clips of neurological cases on the accompanying DVDs.
From the contents
Preface to First Edition.
Preface to Second Edition.
PART I: Evaluation of Large Animal Neurologic Patients.
2. Neurologic Evaluation.
3. Ancillary Diagnostic Aids.
4. Pathologic Responses of the Nervous System.
PART II: Clinical Problems in Large Animal Neurology.
5. Disorders of Behavior.
6. Seizures and Epilepsy.
7. Sleep Disorders.
8. Coma and Altered States of Consciousness.
10. Miosis, Mydriasis, Anisocoria and Horner's Syndrome.
12. Dropped Mandible and Masticatory Muscle Atrophy.
13. Decreased and Increased Facial Sensation.
14. Facial Paralysis and Facial Spasm.
15. Pharyngeal Dysphagia.
16. Dilated Esophagus.
17. Laryngeal Paresis and Paralysis; Roaring.
18. Tongue Paralysis.
19. Head Tilt, Circling, Nystagmus and Other Signs of Vestibular Abnormalities.
21. Disorders of Posture and Movement.
22. Incoordination of the Head and Limbs: Cerebellar Diseases.
23. Tetraparesis, Paraparesis and Ataxia of the Limbs: Spinal Cord Diseases.
24. Diffuse Weakness.
25. Paresis and Paralysis of One Limb: Monoparesis:.
26. Urinary Bladder Distention, Dilated Rectum and Anus and Atonic Tail: Cauda Equina Syndrome.
27. Pruritus, Self-Mutilation, Head Shaking, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Miscellaneous Distressing Disorders.
28. Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction.
29. Vertebral and Paravertebral Problems:Stiff Neck and Sore Back.
PART III: Mechanisms and Specific Diseases.
30. Congenital, Genetic and Familial Disorders.
31. Infectious, Inflammatory and Immune Diseases.
32. Physical and Chemical Causes.
33. Toxic Diseases.
34. Nutritional Diseases.
35. Metabolic Diseases.
36. Neoplasms and other Tumors.
37. Multifactorial and Idiopathic Disorders.
PART IV: Video Library.