An International Journal on Biochemistry, Physiology, Genetics, Morphology and Ecology of Microorganisms
The Journal of Basic Microbiology (JBM) publishes primary research papers on both procaryotic and eucaryotic microorganisms, including bacteria, archaea, fungi, algae, protozoans, phages, viruses, viroids and prions.
Papers published deal with
- microbial interactions (pathogenic, mutualistic, environmental),
- genetics and cell biology/development,
- new methodologies, i.e., new imaging technologies (e.g. video-fluorescence microscopy, modern TEM applications)
- novel molecular biology methods (e.g. PCR-based gene targeting or cassettes for cloning of GFP constructs).
Types of publication:Original research papers, short communication, method papers, reviews, mini-reviews.
Journal of Basic Microbiology
- provides innovative results and new imaging technologies
- guarantees rapid publication
- is driven by international, well-known Editors
- is comprehensive
- provides an easy-to-use online submission and tracking system
- regularly brings you up-to-date with focussed/topical issues
Readership: Microbiologists, biotechnologists, biochemists, virologists, environmental scientists, medical and pharmaceutical scientists, food and nutrition scientist, agriculturists
Print ISSN: 0233-111X
Online ISSN: 1521-4028
6 issues in 2013.
Language of Publication: English
The editorial staff and the publishers thank all readers, authors, referees, and advertisers for their interest and support over the past year and wish them all a Happy New Year.