|Kazepov, Yuri (Hrsg.)|
Cities of Europe
Changing Contexts, Local Arrangement and the Challenge to Urban Cohesion
Studies in Urban and Social Change
1. Auflage Dezember 2004
2004. 368 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-2132-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Cities of Europe is a unique combination of book and CD-ROM examining the effects of recent socio-economic transformations on western European cities.
* A unique combination of book and CD-ROM examining the effects of recent socio-economic transformations on western European cities.
* Focuses on the interplay between segregation, social exclusion and governance issues in these cities.
* Takes a comparative approach by highlighting the specifics of European cities vis-à-vis other urban contexts and analysing the intra-European differences.
* The CD-ROM features a series of 2,000 photographs from seventeen cities (Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin, Birmingham, Brussels, Bucharest, Helsinki, London, Milan, Naples, New York, Paris, Rotterdam, Tirana, Turin, and Utrecht).
* Also features 126 thematic maps, interviews with established scholars, and literature reviews.
* The book and the CD-ROM are linked through an extensive cross-referencing system.
Aus dem Inhalt
Table of Contents of the CD.
Notes on Contributors.
Series Editors' Preface.
Foreword: Saskia Sassen.
Introducing European Cities.
1 Introduction: Cities of Europe: Changing Contexts, Local Arrangements, and the Challenge to Social Cohesion: Yuri Kazepov.
2 The European City: A Conceptual Framework and Normative Project: Hartmut Häussermann and Anne Haila.
Part I The Changing Context of European Cities.
3 Urban Social Change: A Socio-Historical Framework of Analysis: Enzo Mingione.
4 Social Morphology and Governance in the New Metropolis: Guido Martinotti.
5 Capitalism and the City: Globalization, Flexibility, and Indifference: Richard Sennett.
6 Urban Socio-Spatial Configurations and the Future of European Cities: Christian Kesteloot.
Part II The Spatial Impact of Ongoing Transformation Processes.
7 The Dynamics of Social Exclusion and Neighbourhood Decline: Welfare Regimes, Decommodification, Housing, and Urban Inequality: Alan Murie.
8 Social Exclusion, Segregation, and Neighborhood Effects: Sako Musterd and Wim Ostendorf.
9 Segregation and Housing Conditions of Immigrants in Western European Cities: Ronald van Kempen.
10 Gentrification of Old Neighborhoods and Social Integration in Europe: Patrick Simon.
Part III Social Exclusion, Governance, and Social Cohesion in European Cities.
11 Elusive Urban Policies in Europe: Patrick Le Galès.
12 Changing Forms of Solidarity: Urban Development Programs in Europe: Jan Vranken.
13 Challenging the Family: The New Urban Poverty in Southern Europe: Enrica Morlicchio.
14 Minimum Income Policies to Combat Poverty: Local Practices and Social Justice in the "European Social Model": Marisol García.
Visual Paths Through Urban Europe (CD-Rom).