|Guerron-Montero, Carla (Hrsg.)|
NAPA Bulletin, Number 29, Careers in 21st Century Applied Anthropology
Perspectives from Academics and Practitioners
1. Auflage September 2008
2008. 220 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-9015-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
The NAPA Bulletin series is dedicated to the practicalproblem-solving and policy applications of anthropologicalknowledge and methods. NAPA Bulletins are peer reviewed, andare distributed free of charge as a benefit of NAPA membership. TheNAPA Bulletin seeks to:
* facilitate the sharing of information among practitioners,academics, and students
* be a useful document for practitioners
* contribute to the professional development of anthropologistsseeking practitioner positions
* support the general interests of practitioners both within andoutside the academy
Aus dem Inhalt
Part I: Introduction.
1. Introduction: Preparing Anthropologists for the 21st Century(Carla Guerrón-Montero).
2. Recent Changes and Trends in the Practice of AppliedAnthropology (Satish Kedia).
Part II: Graduate School in Applied Anthropology.
3. Mastering the Art of the M.A. Program and Beyond (TerryRedding).
4. Small Fish in a Big Pond: An Applied Anthropologist inNatural Resource Management (Jennifer Gilden).
Part III: Advice from the Academy.
5. Practicing Anthropology from within the Academy: CombiningCareers (Philip D. Young).
6. Moving Past Public Anthropology and Doing CollaborativeResearch (Luke Eric Lassiter).
7. Collaboration, Cooperation, and Working Together:Anthropologists Creating a Space for Research and AcademicPartnerships (Geraldine Moreno-Black and Pissamai Homchampa).
8. Learning Applied Anthropology in Field Schools: Lessons fromBosnia and Romania (Peter W. Van Arsdale).
Part IV: Advice from Practicing Anthropologists.
9. Working for the Federal Government: Anthropology Careers(Shirley J. Fiske).
10. Applied Anthropology and Executive Leadership (BarbaraPillsbury.)
11. Creating Your Own Consulting Business (Carla N. Littlefieldand Emilia González-Clements).
12. Using Anthropology Overseas (Riall W. Nolan).
13. Becoming an International Consultant (GiseleMaynard-Tucker).
Part V: Further Resources.
14. Further Resources for Careers in Applied Anthropology(Scarlett Shaffer).
15. Biosketches of Authors.