How Children Think and Learn
Understanding Children's Worlds
2. Auflage Dezember 1997
1997. 334 Seiten, Softcover
- Wiley & Sons Ltd -
ISBN 978-0-631-20007-9 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
This is the second edition of a textbook that has met withenthusiastic acclaim since its publication in 1988. It explores indetail theories and discussions of how children think and learn. Italso looks at the practical implications of research andacknowledges some of the difficult problems teachers face whentrying to put theory and research into practice in theclassroom.
* Discusses important new research in developmental psychologythat has taken place since the first edition was published in1988
* Provides an excellent resource for both psychology students andeducationalists
* Includes substantially revised chapters on mathematics andclassroom education
Aus dem Inhalt
Introduction: From Pavlov to Piaget.
1. Images of Childhood and their Reflection in Teaching.
2. A Decade of Development.
3. Are there Stages of Development?.
4. Learning how to Think and Learn.
5. Language and Learning.
6. Making Sense.
7. The Literate Mind.
8. The Mathematical Mind.
9. Education and Educatability.