The Textbook of Non-Medical Prescribing
3. Auflage November 2019
360 Seiten, Softcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 35,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
The Textbook of Non-Medical Prescribing is an authoritative and accessible overview of the vital skills, contemporary issues and essential knowledge relevant to both students and healthcare practitioners. Written as a response to the growing emphasis placed on prescribing in the modern health service, this text provides up-to-date information on safe and effective prescribing. This wide-ranging book helps students and trainees develop foundational knowledge of the key areas and prescribing competencies and provides healthcare professionals with a continued source of current information.
Now in its third edition, this text has been fully updated and revised to reflect changes in legislation, current practices and new guidelines. New and updated topics include independent prescribing for therapeutic radiologists, supplementary prescribing for dietitians, paramedics working in advanced roles to independently prescribe and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Competency Framework for all Prescribers.
* Provides up-to-date information essential to safe and effective prescribing in a clear, easy-to-understand style
* Discusses current issues and practices in pharmacology, prescribing and therapeutics and medicine management
* Links to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society's Competency Framework for all Prescribers for non-medical prescribers
* Presents learning objectives, key theme summaries, activities and numerous case studies
* Offers access to additional online resources including interactive exercises, quizzes, self-assessment tests and web links
The Textbook of Non-Medical Prescribing is an essential resource for students, nurses, dieticians, pharmacists, and allied health practitioners pursuing a prescribing qualification or looking for an updated refresher on the subject.
Notes on contributor
About the companion website
1. Prescribing in Context
2. Professional, Legal and Ethical Issues in Prescribing Practice
3. Factors Influencing Prescribing
4. The Consultation Umbrella Supporting Effective Consultations
5. Essential Pharmacology for Non-Medical Prescribers
6. The Multidisciplinary Prescribing Team
7. Clinical Skills
8. Prescribing for Specific Groups
9. Enhancing NMP through reflective practice, evidence-based prescribing and continuing professional development.
Patient Case Studies
Health Professional Case Studies
JANE RUTT-HOWARD is Principal Lecturer, School of Medicine, The University of Central Lancashire, UK. She is course leader for Master of Physician Associate Studies (Hons).