Basic Bioscience Laboratory Techniques
A Pocket Guide
2. Auflage September 2022
208 Seiten, Softcover
Preis: 36,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
A portable and pocket-sized guide to foundational bioscience and biomedical science laboratory skills
The newly revised Second Edition of Basic Bioscience Laboratory Techniques: A Pocket Guide delivers a foundational and intuitive pocket reference text that contains essential information necessary to prepare reagents, perform fundamental laboratory techniques, and analyze and interpret data.
This latest edition brings new updates to health and safety considerations, points of good practice, and explains the basics of molecular work in the lab. Perfect for first year undergraduate students expected to possess or develop practical laboratory skills, this reference is intended to be accessed quickly and regularly and inform the reader's lab techniques and methods. It assumes no prior practical knowledge and offers additional material that can be found online. The book also includes:
* A thorough introduction to the preparation of solutions in bioscience research
* Comprehensive explorations of microscopy and spectrophotometry and data presentation
* Practical discussions of the extraction and clarification of biological material, as well as electrophoresis of proteins and nucleic acids
* In-depth examinations of chromatography, immunoassays, and cell culture techniques
Basic Bioscience Laboratory Techniques: A Pocket Guide is an indispensable reference for first year students at the BSc level, as well as year one HND/Foundation degree students. It's also a must-read resource for international masters' students with limited laboratory experience. In addition, it is a valuable aide-memoire to UG and PG students during their laboratory project module.
1. The preparation of solutions in bioscience research
5. The extraction and clarification of biological material
6. Electrophoresis of proteins and nucleic acids
8. Cell culture techniques
Suggestions for further reading
Alan J. Hargreaves, PhD, is Associate Professor in Biochemistry, School of Science & Technology, Nottingham Trent University in the United Kingdom. He is also Chair of the College Research Ethics Committee.