Spectroscopy for Materials Characterization
1. Auflage November 2021
496 Seiten, Hardcover
Preis: 159,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
SPECTROSCOPY FOR MATERIALS CHARACTERIZATION
Learn foundational and advanced spectroscopy techniques from leading researchers in physics, chemistry, surface science, and nanoscience
In Spectroscopy for Materials Characterization, accomplished researcher Simonpietro Agnello delivers a practical and accessible compilation of various spectroscopy techniques taught and used to today. The book offers a wide-ranging approach taught by leading researchers working in physics, chemistry, surface science, and nanoscience. It is ideal for both new students and advanced researchers studying and working with spectroscopy.
Topics such as confocal and two photon spectroscopy, as well as infrared absorption and Raman and micro-Raman spectroscopy, are discussed, as are thermally stimulated luminescence and spectroscopic studies of radiation effects on optical materials.
Each chapter includes a basic introduction to the theory necessary to understand a specific technique, details about the characteristic instrumental features and apparatuses used, including tips for the appropriate arrangement of a typical experiment, and a reproducible case study that shows the discussed techniques used in a real laboratory.
Readers will benefit from the inclusion of:
* Complete and practical case studies at the conclusion of each chapter to highlight the concepts and techniques discussed in the material
* Citations of additional resources ideal for further study
* A thorough introduction to the basic aspects of radiation matter interaction in the visible-ultraviolet range and the fundamentals of absorption and emission
* A rigorous exploration of time resolved spectroscopy at the nanosecond and femtosecond intervals
Perfect for Master and Ph.D. students and researchers in physics, chemistry, engineering, and biology, Spectroscopy for Materials Characterization will also earn a place in the libraries of materials science researchers and students seeking a one-stop reference to basic and advanced spectroscopy techniques.
2) Time resolved photoluminescence at the ns timescale
3) Ultrafast optical processes: femtosecond PL-OA, pump probe
4) Confocal and two photons spectroscopy
5) Infrared absorption spectroscopy
6) Raman and MicroRaman spectroscopy
7) Thermoluminescence spectroscopy
8) Radiation induced attenuation and in-situ spectroscopy
9) Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (EPR)
10) Time resolved EPR
11) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
12) X-ray absorption spectroscopy
13) X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
14) Ultraviolet Photoelectron Spectroscopy
15) Transmission electron spectroscopy
16) Atomic Force Microscopy