Active Electronically Scanned Arrays
Fundamentals and Applications
Wiley - IEEE
1. Auflage Dezember 2021
272 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 139,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
In Active Electronically Scanned Arrays: Fundamentals and Applications, electromagnetics expert Dr. Arik D. Brown delivers a foundational treatment of active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs) ideal for engineering students and professionals. The distinguished author provides an overview of the primary subsystems of an AESA and detailed explanations of key design concepts and fundamentals for subsystems, including antenna array elements, transmit/receive modules, and beamformers.
Performance results for various AESA architectures often found in industry, including analog, subarrayed, and digital beamforming AESAs, are discussed. With a focus on practical knowledge and applications, Active Electronically Scanned Arrays: Fundamentals and Applications offers an accessible overview of a technology critical to the implementation of collision avoidance in cars, air surveillance radar, communication antennas, and defense technologies.
The book also includes:
* A thorough introduction to AESAs, including a top-level block diagram view and explanations of key components and subsystems
* Detailed explanations of the impact of AESAs on mission applications including Radar, Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Support Measures (ESM), SIGINT and Communications
* Comprehensive explorations of antenna array elements, transmit/receive modules, and beamformers including their purpose, functions, and practical design considerations
* In-depth examinations of AESA architecture performance for current and future systems
* Utility of AESAs for implementing adaptive beamforming for Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM)
Perfect for electrical engineers working with active electronically scanned arrays, electronic warfare technologies, radar, or communications, Active Electronically Scanned Arrays: Fundamentals and Applications will also prove to be an invaluable resource for defense students undertaking military education and training.