Plastic and Microplastic in the Environment
Management and Health Risks
1. Auflage April 2022
320 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 122,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Thought-provoking discussions of the challenges posed by--and potential solutions to--plastic and microplastic pollution
In Plastic and Microplastic in the Environment: Management and Health Risks, a team of distinguished environmental researchers delivers an up-to-date exploration of plastic and microplastic environmental contamination, conventional and advanced plastics management techniques, and the policies adopted across the globe to combat the phenomenon of plastics contamination.
Containing a balanced focus on both conventional plastics and microplastics, this book discusses the potential health issues related to plastic and microplastic infiltration in a variety of global environments and environmental media, including freshwater environments, oceanic environments, soil and sediment, and air. Insightful treatments of commercial and social issues, including the roles of corporate social responsibility initiatives and general education in the fight against plastic and microplastic pollution, are provided as well.
Plastic and Microplastic in the Environment also includes:
* A thorough introduction to plastic debris in global environments, including its accumulation and disintegration
* Comprehensive explorations of policies for strengthening recyclable markets around the world
* Practical discussions of the prevalence of microplastics in the marine environment, air, soil, and other environmental media
* In-depth examinations of wastewater treatment plants as a potential source point of microplastics, as well as conventional and advanced microplastic particle removal technologies
Perfect for academics, postgraduates and advanced undergraduates in fields related to environmental science and plastics, Plastic and Microplastic in the Environment: Management and Health Risks will also earn a place in the libraries of professionals working in the plastics industries and environmental policymakers.
List of Contributors
1. Sources, Occurrence, and Analysis of Microplastics in Freshwater Environments: A Review
2. Microplastic in freshwater environments-with special focus on the Indian scenario
3. Microplastic contamination in the marine food web: Its impact on human health
4. Microplastic in the aquatic ecosystem and human health implication
5. Interactions of microplastics towards an ecological risk in soil diversity: An appraisal
6. Microplastics in the air and their associated health impacts
7. Plastic marine litter in the southern and eastern Mediterranean Sea: current research trends and management strategies
8. Advanced detection techniques for microplastics in different environmental media
9. Bio-based and biodegradable plastics as alternatives to conventional plastics
10. Biodegradable plastics: New Challenges and Possibilities towards Green Sustainable Development
11. Current Trend, Challenges and Opportunities for Plastic Recycling
12. Microbial degradation of micro-plastics
13. Life cycle assessment (lca) of plastics
14. Role of education and society in dealing plastic pollution in the future
Pardeep Singh, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Science, PGDAV College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
Dhanesh Tiwary, PhD, is Professor and Head of the Chemistry Department at the Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.