Advanced Control of Power Converters
Techniques and Matlab/Simulink Implementation
Wiley-IEEE Press Book Series on Control Systems Theory and Applications
1. Auflage Juli 2023
464 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 125,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Advanced Control of Power Converters
Unique resource presenting advanced nonlinear control methods for power converters, plus simulation, controller design, analyses, and case studies
Advanced Control of Power Converters equips readers with the latest knowledge of three control methods developed for power converters: nonlinear control methods such as sliding mode control, Lyapunov-function-based control, and model predictive control. Readers will learn about the design of each control method, and simulation case studies and results will be presented and discussed to point out the behavior of each control method in different applications. In this way, readers wishing to learn these control methods can gain insight on how to design and simulate each control method easily.
The book is organized into three clear sections: introduction of classical and advanced control methods, design of advanced control methods, and case studies. Each control method is supported by simulation examples along with Simulink models which are provided on a separate website.
Contributed to by five highly qualified authors, Advanced Control of Power Converters covers sample topics such as:
* Mathematical modeling of single- and three-phase grid-connected inverter with LCL filter, three-phase dynamic voltage restorer, design of sliding mode control and switching frequency computation under single- and double-band hysteresis modulations
* Modeling of single-phase UPS inverter and three-phase rectifier and their Lyapunov-function-based control design for global stability assurance
* Design of model predictive control for single-phase T-type rectifier, three-phase shunt active power filter, three-phase quasi-Z-source inverter, three-phase rectifier, distributed generation inverters in islanded ac microgrids
* How to realize the Simulink models in sliding mode control, Lyapunov-function-based control and model predictive control
* How to build and run a real-time model as well as rapid prototyping of power converter by using OPAL-RT simulator
Advanced Control of Power Converters is an ideal resource on the subject for researchers, engineering professionals, and undergraduate/graduate students in electrical engineering and mechatronics; as an advanced level book, and it is expected that readers will have prior knowledge of power converters and control systems.
2. Introduction to Advanced Control Methods
3. Design of Sliding Mode Control for Power Converters
4. Design of Lyapunov Function-Based Control for Power Converters
5. DESIGN OF MODEL PREDICTIVE CONTROL
6. MATLAB/Simulink Tutorial on Physical Modelling and Experimental Setup
7. MATLAB/Simulink Tutorial on Physical Modelling and Experimental Setup
8. Design of Lyapunov Function-Based Control of Various Power Converters
9. MODEL PREDICTIVE CONTROL OF VARIOUS CONVERTERS
Sertac Bayhan is Senior Scientist and Associate Professor at Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar. His research interests include power electronics and its applications in renewable energy, electric vehicle supply equipment, microgrids, and smart grid.
Ramon Guzman is Associate Professor at the Technical University of Catalonia, Spain. His research interests include sliding mode control and model predictive control of three phase power converters.
Mariusz Malinowski is Professor at the Warsaw University of Technology, Poland. His current research interests include the control and modulation of grid-side converters, multilevel converters, smart grids, and power-generation systems based on renewable energies.
Haitham Abu-Rub is Professor at Texas A&M University at Qatar, and is the Managing Director of the Smart Grid Center at the same university. His research interests include energy conversion systems, including electric drives, power electronic converters, renewable energy, and smart grid.