An Introduction to the History of Christian Thought
3. Auflage Januar 2023
336 Seiten, Softcover
Preis: 39,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
The newly updated and expanded edition of the bestselling introduction to Historical Theology
Historical Theology: An Introduction to the History of Christian Thought traces the development of Christian theology from its earliest days to the present. Assuming no prior knowledge of the subject, this authoritative yet accessible textbook introduces the major theological movements, key ideas, and individual theologians of the Patristic Period, the Middle Ages and Renaissance, the Reformation and Post-Reformation, and the Modern Era up to the present day. Throughout the book, students explore central themes through numerous case studies, primary readings, and study questions at the end of each section.
Now in its third edition, Historical Theology including substantial new sections on theodicy, modern African Christologies, and postcolonial theology. The book retains the structure of the previous editions, covering the key development and people within all the main historical periods while introducing readers to the core themes of historical theology across the centuries. This fully updated new edition:
* Provides a general overview of each period covered, including historical background and main theological developments
* Features individual case studies and excerpts from primary texts to allow readers to examine specific themes in greater detail
* Defines the fundamental theological vocabulary necessary for engaging with other works
* Highlights the importance of the discipline of historical theology and its place in wider Christian theology
* Contains references to further readings in each chapter and full glossaries of important words, names, phrases, and theological developments
* Includes web material developed by the author to help users get the most out of using this textbook, along with sample lectures on some of its themes
Written by one of the most renowned theologians in the field, Historical Theology: An Introduction to the History of Christian Thought, Third Edition remains the perfect textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in Christian History, Christian Theology, and the Reformation.