Innovation Project Management
Methods, Case Studies, and Tools for Managing Innovation Projects
1. Auflage Oktober 2019
576 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 89,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Actionable tools, processes and metrics for successfully managing innovation projects
Conventional project management methods are oftentimes insufficient for managing innovation projects. Innovation is lost under the pre-determined scope and forecasted environments of traditional project management. There is tremendous pressure on organizations to innovate, and the project managers responsible for managing these innovation projects do not have the training or tools to do their jobs effectively. Innovation Project Management provides the tools, insights, and metrics needed to successfully manage innovation projects--helping readers identify problems in their organization, conceive elegant solutions, and, when necessary, promote changes to their organizational culture.
There are several kinds of innovation--ranging from incremental changes to existing products to wholly original processes that emerge from market-disrupting new technology--that possess different characteristics and often require different tools. Best-selling author and project management expert Harold Kerzner integrates innovation, project management, and strategic planning to offer students and practicing professionals the essential tools and processes to analyze innovation from all sides. Innovation Project Management deconstructs traditional project management methods and explains why and how innovation projects should be managed differently. This invaluable resource:
* Provides practical advice and actionable tools for effectively managing innovation projects
* Offers value-based project management metrics and guidance on how to establish a metrics management program
* Shares exclusive insights from project managers at world-class organizations such as Airbus, Boeing, Hitachi, IBM, and Siemens on how they manage innovation projects
* Explores a variety of types of innovation including co-creation, value-driven, agile, open versus closed, and more
* Instructors have access to PowerPoint lecture slides by chapter through the book's companion website
Innovation Project Management: Methods, Case Studies, and Tools for Managing Innovation Projects is an essential text for professional project managers, corporate managers, innovation team members, as well as students in project management, innovation and entrepreneurship programs.