EMBO Molecular Medicine is a peer-reviewed, online open access journal dedicated to a new research discipline at the interface between clinical research and basic biology. It offers clinicians and researchers in this area the opportunity to publish their best work in a broadly distributed and highly visible forum, thereby lending a strong impetus to this important and rapidly developing field and helping to forge new links between clinicians and molecular biologists. Studies based on model organisms also fall within the scope of the journal, provided that the results presented are evidently and directly relevant to human disease.
EMBO Molecular Medicine publishes research articles as full-length research papers and short reports. In addition, the journal publishes editorials and review articles in innovative formats that target a broad and non-specialized audience.
Areas within the scope include, but are not limited to:
- Cancer biology
- Differentiation and development
- Endocrinology/Metabolic disease
- Genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics of disease, systems medicine
- Gene therapy
- Immunology and inflammation
- Infectious diseases
- Neurodegeneration, neurological diseases and myopathies, sensory defects
- Stem cells and regenerative medicine
- Vascular and cardiovascular biology