Essential MCQs for Certification in Lifestyle Medicine
1. Edition October 2021
240 Pages, Softcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Price: 67,90 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
Written by an interdisciplinary and multinational team of distinguished medical doctors and authors, Lifestyle Medicine presents a collection of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) designed to help prepare a new generation of clinicians with the necessary knowledge to practice lifestyle medicine safely and confidently. Ideal for anyone preparing for examinations in the new specialty of lifestyle medicine at the postgraduate level, and especially useful for those studying for the Diploma in Lifestyle Medicine, taking the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine or International Board of Lifestyle Medicine exams, you???ll find every key aspect of lifestyle ??medicine in this book.
* 25 questions covering an introduction to lifestyle medicine, including definitions, the difference between lifestyle medicine and other fields, and Physician's Competencies in the practice of lifestyle medicine
* 62 questions covering the fundamentals of health behaviour change
* 47 questions covering key clinical processes in lifestyle medicine, including the classification of different lifestyle-related illnesses, measures of fitness, and fitness testing options
* 88 questions covering nutrition science, assessment, and prescription, including food labels and prescribing nutrition
* And much, much more: a total of 531 questions covering all key aspects of lifestyle medicine
Perfect for clinicians in virtually any specialty aiming to develop expertise in lifestyle medicine, Lifestyle Medicine will also earn a place on the shelves of nurses and other allied health professionals, including pharmacists, dietitians and nutritionists, health educators, researchers, health coaches, and occupational therapists.
1 Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine 1
2 Fundamentals of Health Behaviour Change 14
3 Key Clinical Processes in Lifestyle Medicine 34
4 Physician Health 55
5 Nutrition Science, Assessment and Prescription 66
6 Physical Activity Science and Prescription 90
7 Sleep Health Science and Interventions 130
8 Emotional and Mental Wellbeing 157
9 The Role of Connectedness and Positive Psychology 169
10 Fundamentals of Tobacco Cessation and Managing Risky Alcohol Use 186
11 Sexual Health and HIV Lifestyle Medicine 196
12 Special Considerations: Women's and Men's Health, Epigenetics, Sickle Cell Disease and Diabetes 204
Each chapter of questions is followed by answers and a brief note about the answer to each question. This is supported by selected references and tip boxes, again provided by the chapter to support learning.
Adaeze Ifezulike is a Regional Director for the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM) and Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician, GP NHS Grampian in the UK.
Karen Adamson is a Regional Director of BSLM and a Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician in the UK. Consultant Physician, Diabetologist and Endocrinologist; Clinical Director of Medicine and Associated Services, NHS Lothian.
Fraser Birrell is Director of Science & Research, BSLM, Editor-in Chief of Lifestyle Medicine, Engagement Lead Centre for Integrated Research into Musculoskeletal Ageing Newcastle University, Consultant & Senior Lecturer Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom.