Early Main Group Metal Catalysis
Concepts and Reactions
1. Edition February 2020
400 Pages, Hardcover
Written by a team of leaders in the field, this much-needed reference describes a broad range of organic reactions in the presence of non-toxic and affordable early main group metals.
An indispensable reference on early main group metals in catalysis for synthetic chemists in academia and industry
Early Main Group Metal Catalysis contains a comprehensive overview of catalytic reactions in the presence of group 1 and group 2 metals. The book?s chapters are organized according to the type of reaction to help easily navigate information. Every chapter contains basic information on the elements covered, and fundamental concepts are enhanced with illustrative examples that cover the main developments. . The text describes various reactions including: polymerization of alkenes, hydroamination and phosphination reactions, hydrosilylation, hydroboration and hydrogenation catalysis, and enantioselective and Lewis acid catalysis.
This important book:
-Provides a short introduction on polar organometallic chemistry and synthesis of early main group metal complexes Reviews the early main group metals, such as calcium and magnesium, that are useful catalysts for various organic transformations
-Addresses catalytic chemists, chemists working with organometallics, organic chemists, natural products chemists, and chemists in industry and academica
With contributions from leaders in the field , Early Main Group Metal Catalysis is a valuable guide on the most recent developments and new possibilities of early main group metals in catalysis.
1) Introduction to Early Main Group Organometallic Chemistry and Catalysis
2) Polymerization of Alkenes and Polar Monomers by Early Main Group Metal Complexes
3) Intramolecular Hydroamination of Alkenes
4) Molecular s-Block Catalysts for Alkene Hydrophosphination and Related Reactions
5) H-N and H-P Bond Addition to Alkynes and Heterocumulenes
6) Early Main Group Metal Catalyzed Hydrosilylation of Unsaturated Bonds
7) Early Main Group Metal Catalyzed Hydrogenation
8) Alkali and Alkaline Earth Element Catalyzed Hydroboration Reactions
9) Dehydrocoupling and Other Cross-Couplings
10) Enantioselective Catalysis with s-Block Organometallics
11) Early Main Group Metal Lewis-Acid Catalysis
12) Enantioselective Group 2 Metal Lewis-Acid Catalysis
13) Miscellaneous Reactions