Concept, Tools and Experiences
1. Edition April 2022
544 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Price: 195,00 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
Discover the latest developments in the field of bioresource technology with this practical handbook
The management and cultivation of bioresources are critical components of the economic survival of nations. Significantly underexplored, recent advances in bioresource technologies have breathed new life into the research and development of new bioresource techniques and capabilities.
In Bioresource Technology: Concept, Tools, and Experiences, a team of distinguished researchers delivers a comprehensive work intended to bridge the gap between field-oriented taxonomists and ecologists and lab-oriented functional and molecular biologists.
The book is divided into three sections: food, environment, and energy. In the first part, the authors explore the functional food sector, from green and smart food packaging to nanosensors as diagnostic tools in the food industry. The second part is concerned with the achievement of future energy security through the use of bioresources as energy sources. Finally, the third section discusses sustainable environmental management policies via bioresource use.
Readers will also benefit from the inclusion of:
* A thorough introduction on the recent advances in the technology pertaining to functional food industry to overcome the future food challenges
* Comprehensive explorations of the art and science of growing microgreens, including their historical background, cultivation practices, quality, and shelf life
* In-depth examinations of the bioprospecting of bioresources, including bioprospecting in agriculture, chemical industries, and diagnostic applications
* Provides state-of-the art technologies in the green energy sector to cater for the energy demand of the people, reducing greenhouse gases (GHG) and the reliance on fossil fuels
* In-depth understanding on the recent advances in the bioresource management policies and sustainable environment
Perfect for postgraduate students, research scholars, faculty, and scientists involved in agriculture, plant sciences, environmental sciences, bioenergy, biofuels, molecular biology, and microbiology, Bioresource Technology: Concept, Tools, and Experiences is also an indispensable resource for those working in biochemistry, biotechnology, and food technology.
2. The Art and Science of Growing Microgreens
3. Novel Nutraceuticals from Marine Resources
4. Bioprospecting of Bioresources: Creating value from Bioresources
5. Green and Smart Packaging of Food
6. Nanosensors: Diagnostic Tools in the Food Industry
7. Harnessing Genetic Diversity for Addressing Wheat Based Time Bound Food Security Projections: A Selective Comprehensive Practical Overview
8. Waste to Energy: Potential of Biofuels Production from Saw Dust as a Pathway to Sustainable Energy Development
9. Biogas Production and Processing from Various Organic Wastes in Anaerobic Digesters and Landfills
10. Extremophiles as Gold mines for Bioprospecting
11. Algal-based Membrane Bioreactor for Wastewater Treatment
12. Engineering Plants for Metal Tolerance and Accumulation
13. Recent Advances in Enzymatic Membranes and Their Sustainable Applications across Industry
14. Use and Manufacture of Biopesticides and Biofertilizers in Latin America
15. Carbon Sequestration Alternatives for Mitigating the Accumulation of Greenhouse Gases in the Atmosphere
16. Nanotechnology for Future Sustainable Plant Production under Changing Environmental Conditions
17. Nanoscience: A Boon for Reviving Agriculture
18. Profitability and Economics Analysis of Bioresource Management
Bisma Malik, is Assistant Professor at the University Centre for Research and Development at Chandigarh University in Punjab, India.
Rouf Ahmad Bhat, works in the Department of School Education, Government of Jammu and Kashmir, India
Khalid Rehman Hakeem, is Professor at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.