Energy Storage for Power System Planning and Operation
248 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
An authoritative guide to large-scale energy storage technologies and applications for power system planning and operation
To reduce the dependence on fossil energy, renewable energy generation (represented by wind power and photovoltaic power generation) is a growing field worldwide. Energy Storage for Power System Planning and Operation offers an authoritative introduction to the rapidly evolving field of energy storage systems. Written by a noted expert on the topic, the book outlines a valuable framework for understanding the existing and most recent advances in technologies for integrating energy storage applications with power systems.
Filled with full-color illustrations, the book reviews the state-of-the-art of energy storage systems and includes illustrative system models and simulations. The author explores the various techniques that can be employed for energy storage that is compatible with renewable energy generation. Designed as a practical resource, the book examines in detail the aspects of system optimization, planning, and dispatch. This important book,
* Provides an introduction to the systematically different energy storage techniques with deployment potential in power systems
* Models various energy storage systems for mathematical formulation and simulations
* Contains a review of the techniques for integrating and operating energy storage with renewable energy generation
* Analyses how to optimize power systems with energy storage, at both the transmission and distribution system levels
* Shows how to optimize planning, siting, and sizing of energy storage for a range of purposes
Written for power system engineers and researchers, Energy Storage for Power System Planning and Operation introduces the application of large-scale energy storage for the optimal operation and planning of power systems.