German Shepherds For Dummies
1. Edition December 2019
304 Pages, Softcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Everybody thinks they know the German Shepherd. Many of us grew up with Rin Tin Tin, or we saw German Shepherds in nightly news reports breaking up riots, or we saw them in neighbors' backyards protecting children. But that only scratches the surface of one of the most fascinating and confusing breeds on earth. Whether it's selection, nutrition, routine health care, training, competition, or just having fun, there's more to it with a German Shepherd than with other breeds. And if you're thinking about adding one to your family, or you already have one, you need to know all you can about this breed. Which is where German Shepherds For Dummies comes in.
Is this noble and intelligent breed the right dog for you and your family? German Shepherds For Dummies provides the answer to this and all your questions about getting, caring for, and living with this loveable breed. Lifelong German Shepherd owner and longtime German Shepherd breeder, trainer, and exhibitor, Carline Coile, PhD ,gets you up and running with what you need to know to:
* Find and communicate with reputable breeders
* Choose the right German Shepherd for you
* Housebreak and socialize your new puppy
* Educate yourself and your dog
* Handle behavioral problems
* Participate in competitions
Dr. Coile provides insights into the German Shepherd temperament and loads of sensible, easy-to-follow advice, along with fun facts and Shepherd trivia, amusing and informative anecdotes, and tips on how to have a great time with your dog. Discover how to:
* Understand how to communicate with your German Shepherd
* Train your German Shepherd
* Find a good trainer and attend classes
* Deal with hereditary health problems
* Feed and exercise your German Shepherd
* Recognize, prevent and treat common health problems
* Have loyal friend for life
The indispensable guide for you and your German Shepherd, German Shepherds For Dummies is the only book you'll need to help you have the best possible experience with this handsome and sensitive breed of dog.
German Shepherds For Dummies (9781119644644) was previously published as German Shepherds For Dummies (9780764552809). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.