Data Driven Business Transformation
How Businesses Can Disrupt, Innovate and Stay Ahead of the Competition
1. Edition March 2019
288 Pages, Hardcover
Practical Approach Book
Price: 29,90 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
Drive your business data to its maximum potential with proven strategies and practical advice
The organizations that harness the power of data to transform their businesses will be the market leaders. You can be sure that your competitors will be looking for insights in their data to drive them ahead and that the disruptors in your sector will be data driven. Data, if used correctly, has the power to transform your business and make you the market leader.
Data Driven Business Transformation is the practical guide to harnessing your data to compete and thrive in today's dynamic marketplace. This essential resource provides the insight, knowledge and focus you require to transform your business - unlocking the power of data and revealing its hidden value. Delivering step-by-step instructions to every stage of data transformation, this book enables you to strengthen your data literacy and make effective data-driven decisions. Real-world examples of successful data transformations and lessons from people operating in the current data environment provide you with the vision and insight to transform your business.
The digital revolution has proven challenging for many businesses. Once viewed as the solution, technology is oftentimes the problem - driving business online but failing to exploit the data to drive operations and value. Authors Peter Jackson and Caroline Carruthers draw from their practical experience as Chief Data Officers to present strategies and methods to unleash the transformational power of data. Emphasising data over digitalisation using data practise and data science, this unique book will assist you to:
* Follow concise and pragmatic steps to transition your business to a data-driven model
* Apply transformative data principles to any stage of business development
* Change the culture of your organisation and place data at the heart of your business
* Learn from practicing Chief Data Officers recognized as leaders in the area of data transformation
Data Driven Business Transformation: How businesses can disrupt, innovate and stay ahead of the competition is a vital source of guidance for CEOs, Boards, CTOs, CDOs, data change practitioners, programme managers and others in pursuit of data-driven achievement.
About the Authors
Chapter 1 What Is Transformation?
Chapter 2 Understand Your Starting Point
Chapter 3 Making the Change Happen
Chapter 4 Purpose
Chapter 5 People
Chapter 6 Method
Chapter 7 Tools
Chapter 8 Overall Change Management
Chapter 9 Running the Business in the New Data-Driven World: Arriving at the Destination
Chapter 10 Dynamic Data-Driven Business Transformation: D3
Chapter 11 Conclusion
Peter is passionate about data, and about how data can drive innovation to transform organisations. He was the first Head of Data at the Pensions Regulator and then went on to be the first Head of Data at Southern Water. So he has been through the mill twice in recent succession as a First Generation CDO. However, before joining the Pensions Regulator, Peter had been developing Data Strategies for businesses in the FMCG and Financial Services sectors for over a decade. First and foremost Peter is driven by a strategic approach to data, and believes strongly in the value of demonstrating the 'art of possible' and expanding colleagues' understanding about data management, data technologies, data science and data governance. Peter firmly believes that data strategies must have a business outcome and should be aligned to the business objectives. Given any opportunity Peter will talk about data and try to enthuse those he is with.
The authors are:
* The co-authors of 'The Chief Data Officer's Playbook' (Facet Publishing) December 2017. This was the first book published in this space and is recognised as the leading work for CDOs.
* Recognised as leaders and thought leaders in this field
* Sought after by major data technology suppliers and consultancies to endorse products and services.
* Quick off the mark in identifying trends and hot topics in business and technology
* Have a reach across sectors - financial services, FMCG, utilities, Government and public sector
* Award winning and validated by their peers (listed in the Data IQ Power 100 and Information Age Data Leaders)
* Have a global following on LinkedIn (10,000+ views on articles / comments posted)
* Peter LinkedIn profile 2828 connections, 2942 followers. All Star rating.
* Caroline LinkedIn profile 1896 connections, 2013 followers. All Star rating.