The European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology is a peer-reviewed journal publishing original research articles, reviews, and other contributions on lipid related topics in food science and technology, biomedical science including clinical and pre-clinical research, nutrition, animal science, plant and microbial lipids, (bio)chemistry, oleochemistry, biotechnology, processing, physical chemistry, and analytics including lipidomics. A major focus of the journal is the synthesis of health related topics with applied aspects.
Following is a selection of subject areas which are of special interest to EJLST:
- Animal and plant products for healthier foods including strategic feeding and transgenic crops
- Authentication and analysis of foods for ensuring food quality and safety
- Bioavailability of PUFA and other nutrients
- Dietary lipids and minor compounds, their specific roles in food products and in nutrition
- Food technology and processing for safer and healthier products
- Functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Lipid structuring and formulations
- Oleochemistry, lipid-derived polymers and biomaterials
- Processes using lipid-modifying enzymes
The scope is not restricted to these areas. Submissions on topics at the interface of basic research and applications are strongly encouraged. The journal is the official organ of the European Federation for the Science and Technology of Lipids (Euro Fed Lipid).