Biotechnology Journal (2019 Journal Citation Reports: 3.543) is fully comprehensive in its scope and publishes strictly peer-reviewed papers covering novel aspects and methods in all areas of biotechnology. Some issues are devoted to a special topic, providing the latest information on the most crucial areas of research and technological advances.
In addition to these special issues, the journal welcomes unsolicited submissions for primary research articles, such as Research Articles, Rapid Communications and Biotech Methods. BTJ also welcomes proposals of Review Articles - please send in a brief outline of the article and the senior author's CV to the editorial office.
BTJ promotes a special emphasis on:
- Systems Biotechnology
- Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering
- Nanobiotechnology and Biomaterials
- Tissue engineering, Regenerative Medicine and Stem cells
- Gene Editing, Gene therapy and Immunotherapy
- Omics technologies
- Industrial Biotechnology, Biopharmaceuticals and Biocatalysis
- Bioprocess engineering and Downstream processing
- Plant Biotechnology
- Biosafety, Biotech Ethics, Science Communication
- Methods and Advances