Advanced Healthcare Materials was first published as a special focus section in Advanced Materials in 2011 and launched as an independent journal in 2012. Advanced Healthcare Materials, which is listed in three ISI categories (Materials Science - Biomaterials, Engineering - Biomedical, and Nanoscience & Nanotechnology), received an impact factor of 7.367 in 2020 (source: Journal Citation Reports (Web of Science Group, 2020)).
Advanced Healthcare Materials is an international, interdisciplinary forum for peer-reviewed papers on high-impact materials, devices, and technologies for improving human health including:
- Biomaterials, including nanomaterials, hydrogels, 2D materials, biopolymers, composites, biohybrids, biomimetics, as well as inorganic materials for biomedical applications.
- Biointerfaces, such as antimicrobial surfaces and coatings, mechanobiology and biocompatibility studies, interfaces for cell engineering and stem cell differentiation, 3D cell culture, and immunoengineering.
- Nanomedicine and nanotechnology with applications in drug delivery, imaging, theranostics, gene therapy, and immunotherapy, and for therapy of infectious diseases, cancer, metabolic diseases, and cardiovascular diseases, as well as for vaccines and precision medicine.
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine including scaffolds and scaffold-free approaches. For example, for bone, ligament, and muscle tissue engineering; skin regeneration and wound healing; nerve grafts; cardiac patches; and tissue vascularization.
- Biofabrication including (bio)inks and technologies, toward generation of functional tissues and organs.
- Devices for healthcare applications, such as diagnostics, wearables, implantable devices, microfluidics, BioMEMS, organs-on-a-chip and lab-on-a-chip, bioelectronics, biosensors, actuators, and soft robotics.
Advanced Healthcare Materials publishes Communications, Full Papers, Review Articles, Progress Reports, Research News, and Essays with the same article specifications as Advanced Materials.
More information is available at www.advhealthmat.com