The Digital Agricultural Revolution
Innovations and Challenges in Agriculture through Technology Disruptions
1. Edition August 2022
496 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Price: 209,00 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
THE DIGITAL AGRICULTURAL REVOLUTION
The book integrates computational intelligence, applied artificial intelligence, and modern agricultural practices and will appeal to scientists, agriculturists, and those in plant and crop science management.
There is a need for synergy between the application of modern scientific innovation in the area of artificial intelligence and agriculture, considering the major challenges from climate change consequences viz. rising temperatures, erratic rainfall patterns, the emergence of new crop pests, drought, flood, etc. This volume reports on high-quality research (theory and practice including prototype & conceptualization of ideas, frameworks, real-world applications, policy, standards, psychological concerns, case studies, and critical surveys) on recent advances toward the realization of the digital agriculture revolution as a result of the convergence of different disruptive technologies.
The book touches upon the following topics which have contributed to revolutionizing agricultural practices.
* Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture (AI models and architectures, system design, real-world applications of AI, machine learning and deep learning in the agriculture domain, integration & coordination of systems and issues & challenges).
* IoT and Big Data Analytics Applications in Agriculture (theory & architecture and the use of various types of sensors in optimizing agriculture resources and final product, benefits in real-time for crop acreage estimation, monitoring & control of agricultural produce).
* Robotics & Automation in Agriculture Systems (Automation challenges, need and recent developments and real case studies).
* Intelligent and Innovative Smart Agriculture Applications (use of hybrid intelligence in better crop health and management).
* Privacy, Security, and Trust in Digital Agriculture (government framework & policy papers).
* Open Problems, Challenges, and Future Trends.
Researchers in computer science, artificial intelligence, electronics engineering, agriculture automation, crop management, and science.
Nitin Kumar Tripathi, PhD, is a professor in Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand. He has supervised 42 Doctoral and 142 Masters theses where a majority of the research topics focused on the applications of GIS and RS in Climate Change impacts on water resources, agriculture, and health. Dr. Tripathi has a total of 182 publications to his credit (two books, 11 chapters in books, 109 research papers in peer-reviewed Journals, and 60 conference papers).
Chandan Kumar Panda, PhD, is an assistant professor and research scientist in the Department of Extension Education at Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, India.
Nitu Bhatnagar, PhD, is an associate professor in the Department of Chemistry of the Faculty of Science at Manipal University Jaipur.