Optimization for Engineering Problems
1. Edition July 2019
188 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Optimization is central to any problem involving decision-making in engineering. Optimization theory and methods deal with selecting the best option regarding the given objective function or performance index. New algorithmic and theoretical techniques have been developed for this purpose, and have rapidly diffused into other disciplines. As a result, our knowledge of all aspects of the field has grown even more profound.
In Optimization for Engineering Problems, eminent researchers in the field present the latest knowledge and techniques on the subject of optimization in engineering. Whereas the majority of work in this area focuses on other applications, this book applies advanced and algorithm-based optimization techniques specifically to problems in engineering.
2. Application of Flower Pollination Algorithm for Optimization of ECM Process Parameters, Bappa Acherjee, Debanjan Maity, Arunanshu S. Kuar and Manoj K. Dutta.
3. Machinability and Multi-response Optimization of EDM of Al7075/SIC/WS2 Hybrid Composite Using the PROMETHEE Method,
Mohan Kumar Pradhan and Brajpal Singh.
4. Optimization of Cutting Parameters during Hard Turning using Evolutionary Algorithms, Vahid Pourmostaghimi and Mohammad Zadshakoyan.
5. Development of a Multi-objective Salp Swarm Algorithm for Benchmark Functions and Real-world Problems, Sushant P. Mhatugade,
Ganesh M. Kakandikar, Omkar K. Kulkarni and Vilas M. Nandedkar.
6. Water Quality Index: is it Possible to Measure with Fuzzy Logic?, Alexandre Choupina, Elisabeth T. Pereira, Samara Silva Soares,
Poliana Arruda, Francis Lee Ribeiro and Paulo Sérgio Scalize.
J. Paulo Davim is Professor at the University of Aveiro, Portugal. His research interests include mechanical and industrial engineering.