Essential Centrifugal Pump Knowledge for Operators and Specialists
2. Edition February 2022
272 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Price: 83,90 €
Price incl. VAT, excl. Shipping
Explore key facets of centrifugal pump ownership, installation, operation, and troubleshooting
The Second Edition of Pump Wisdom: Essential Centrifugal Pump Knowledge for Operators and Specialists delivers a concise explanation of how pumps function, the design specifications that must be considered before purchasing a pump, and current best practices in lubrication and mechanical seals.
Readers will encounter new startup and surveillance tips for pump operators, as well as repair versus replacement or upgrade considerations for maintenance decision makers, new condition monitoring guidance for centrifugal pumps, and expanded coverage of operator best practices.
This latest edition of Pump Wisdom: Essential Centrifugal Pump Knowledge for Operators and Specialists includes expanded coverage of areas critical to achieving best-in-class pump reliability, including commonly encountered issues and easy-to-follow instructions for getting centrifugal pumps to operate safely and reliably.
This book also provides:
* Comprehensible and accessible explanations of pump hydraulics
* Simple explorations of the mechanical aspects of pumps with coverage of bearings, seals, impeller trimming, lubricant application, and more
* Safety tips and instructions for centrifugal pumps
Perfect for chemical, petroleum, and mechanical engineers, Pump Wisdom: Essential Centrifugal Pump Knowledge for Operators and Specialists is also an ideal resource for operators, managers, purchasing agents, machinists, reliability technicians, and maintenance workers in water and wastewater plants.
1. Principles of Centrifugal process pumps 1
2. Pump Selection and Industry Standards 15
3. Foundations and Baseplates 23
4. Piping, Stationary Seals, and Gasketing 33
5. Rolling Element Bearings 51
6. Lubricant Application and Cooling Considerations 71
7. Lubricant Types and Key Properties 85
8. Bearing Housing Protection and Cost Justification 93
9. Mechanical Sealing Options for Long Life 101
10. Pump Operation 117
11. Impeller Modifications and Pump Maintenance 133
12. Lubrication Management 145
13. Pump Condition Monitoring : Pump Vibration, Rotor Balance,
and Effect on Bearing Life 153
14. Drivers, Couplings, and Alignment 165
15. Fits, Dimensions, and Related Misunderstandings 175
16. Using Failure Statistics and Root Cause Analysis Findings to Guide
Reliability Improvement Efforts 191
17. Repair, Replace, or Modify? 213
18. Centrifugal Pump Monitoring Strategies 231
19. Final Thoughts 249
Heinz P. Bloch has carried out long-term assignments as Exxon Chemical's Regional Machinery Specialist for the United States. He has authored or co-written over 770 publications, including 24 comprehensive books on practical machinery management, failure analysis, and more.